A Few Bumps On The Road And A Sign From God
I can pretty much guarantee you will experience bumps on the road of your life. This usually happens in one of two ways.
1. Without warning
2. you see them coming
Life can be going along just great and all of a sudden, BANG!, something intrudes, impedes and challenges us. Perhaps it’s an argument with a family member or a spouse or an illness that befalls us or a loved one. Maybe faith or finances dare us to reconsider our actions. How about depression or loneliness?
God knows I’ve had my share of these types of bumps, and believe it or not, they still come up. Just when I think life couldn’t be better, bumps, or drama appear on my road. Drama from friends, family, the businesses and even my own drama.
One of the latest bumps on or in my road appeared this past week.
I got the unfortunate news that my Book publisher went out of business! That would fall under number one above.
So what am I going to do about it? Should I end it all with my book and stop further printing, promotions and marketing? Should I consider writing my memoir an accomplishment that I felt led to do and now close the door? I thought about this option and not being totally sure what to do, I decided to ask God for a sign.
What did I ask?
Please let me know what to do lord. I hate wasting time. ( By the way, He hears that from me all the time..) This is not a life or death bump in my road, but I still desire some help and guidance.
So have i got an answer yet?
I believe so. it came about by a daily reflection I read about giving our all in all we do. Most importantly though, i strongly felt the lord was telling me, “Candy, your book is about your life story. but more importantly, your book is about me and your faith and trust in me. Hurting people need hope and when this earthly life brings about boulders and mountains in people’s, lives, your story is a witness to them that leads to my love, peace and acceptance. As you say in your book, Press On!
So with that, I say…
Okay Lord… You Win.
What do we do when pebbles or even boulders appear?
1. Accept that they are there.
2. decide how and when you will deal with them.
3. know that life’s bumps can make us stronger and when we have the mindset to learn from them, our road will eventually be smoother….Until the next set of bumps come along.
4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help and guidance from those you trust and love.
---------------- So what's up with the skates? ---------------
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned my plan to ride my roller skates around the driveway on my birthday. Mind you, I have not put on my skates for over thirty years. I am about thirty pounds heavier also. So irritating. So on my birthday, I did just that. I was wobbly and a little unsure, but kept myself upright while singing the disco song “Oh, I love the night life, I got to boogie on the disco ’round, oh yea. Please don’t talk about …” Okay you get the idea.
Gliding along carefully watching for pebbles in the driveway. I enjoyed listening to all eight bright orange wheels humming as I skated. After a couple three rounds in the driveway, I then decided that the wooden floors in the house were safer. No possible bumps. I just had to stand up straight and keep my balance while rolling along. A couple trips from the kitchen to the front door and back was all I needed to realize that…
Hey, I still got it.
- The Goodreads giveaway is underway. You can enter to the right of this blog to win a copy of my book.
- FREE COFFEE through the end of August. ! All orders placed for the paperback version of my memoir, Meet Me In The Mountains will receive four blends of HIS COFFEE. Holy Grounds, Be Still, Raise the Dead, and Vanilla from Heaven. We are getting great feedback about the coffee and book. http://www.amenchristiancalligraphy.com/A-Memoir-By-Candy-M-Bridges-Meet-Me-In-The-Mountains-Paperback-MMITM-PAPERBACK.htm
- You can click on the player below to hear me read chapter three of my book. The first and second chapters are found at the bottom of the two previous blogs. The link for chapter one is here: http://candymariebridges.com/its-almost-time/
- The link for chapter two is here: http://candymariebridges.com/my-dream-about-rush-limbaugh/